When it comes to back bracing, we receive a variety of questions. Which brace is the best? How long should patients wear them? Which ones can be billed to insurance companies? Do they really make a difference in clinical outcomes? Read our responses below. Support Braces Can be Used for a Variety of Reasons:
- Limiting movement
- Providing added support while one recovers from a back injury or spinal surgery
- Providing reinforced protection for back muscles while one performs strenuous manual labor
- Adding direct pressure to increase the healing effects of heat, ice or topical medications
- Providing a psychosomatic placebo effect due to a positively conditioned response.
- How much and what type of support does the patient need?
- Does the brace include a built-in ice pack?
- Will the brace be billed to an insurance company?